In Circa 1870 Wakeley & Wheeler a London Silversmiths opened a factory at 13 & 14 Fade Street, as a new build this premises was fitted out with the latest equipment of the day and employed approx. 40 silversmiths to produce hand made Irish silverware.
In 1929 the business was taken over John Alwright (a silversmith who had worked in the company since 1890) and Jock Marshall ( a silver chaser who had worked since 1895), they formed Alwright & Marshall Ltd. and the company trades under this name today.
A history of 137 years of silversmithing in Dublin we are the only company of its type remaining in the 32 counties.
The main business of the company has been the manufacture and repair of handmade & crafted sterling silver and gold pieces including table ware, hotel ware, cutlery and also medals, trophies and chains of office for the corporate and sporting sector.